Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kitchen Remodel - Almost Done!

After another month of waiting, our cabinet installer came back to finish the project that they started. With most of our cabinets in and ready to go, they brought back the right size pantry cabinet, worked on the bar wrap around, and installed our microwave over the stove. We were very pleased to finally have the cabinets all in, and amazed by the difference the pantry made in looking like a kitchen!

Below are the semi-finished products after our installer left!



Now that our cabinets were all in place where they should be, we called the countertop people to come and measure / template for our countertop. With time escaping us and November fast approaching, we knew we needed to get things rolling if we were going to have people over for Thanksgiving.

Thankfully they were able to come the next week to measure (way cool to see - all kinds of software and advanced tools to create a virtual replica of our kitchen measurements), and I was able to go the next couple of days to see the granite slab. We didn't want to slow down the process, but our designer kept telling us that we should go see it in case it wasn't the same as in the store. Here I thought that we'd be picking one from several slabs in our pattern of choice.

So I had to arrange work to leave early, travel an hour away to the granite site, and once I got there to view the slab, realized that I really didn't need to come out. I took one look at the only slab of granite they had in our color choice, said it looked good, and went back on my way! Here, I guess if you don't like the color choice they have, you have to pick another color (which also impacts the price!). I guess at least my concerns were put to ease.

So then we began the last part of our waiting - waiting for the countertop to come in and be installed (along with water!) in our kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment