Sunday, January 16, 2011

Starting to Decorate - Finally!

So I have a confession to make - I'm a little bit obsessive when it comes to order (this is probably no surprise to those that know me well). We have been in the house for about six months now, and I just had Robbie hang up the first pictures on a wall last week. I guess it had something to do with the fact that I didn't want a bunch of holes in my walls if they weren't going to stay there for awhile, but this can also lead to (a LOT) of indecision about where to hang things.

Another aspect to the lack of permanent decorations is that we're still planning to completely move the living room furniture into the family room after it's done, so we're really not sure where everything's going to end up. I should probably just acknowledge the fact that pretty much anything can be fixed with putty and paint, but that would be too easy...  ;)

So I was finally going to jump into it for Christmas decorations and put some stuff on the walls, but I then decided that this year I'd just utilize the nails in the doors and hang stuff there until I really decided what to do with everything.

In light of all that, you'll now understand why I need your help on this very big, important decision  ;)  - Which way should I hang these pictures?!



Technically, they can be hung either way - there is no "right" or "wrong" way as far as the pattern goes. But I'm not quite sure which way looks better with the rest of the kitchen & bar area. For example, if they are hung horizontally (above), will they clash or come too close to the bar light fixtures (also red)?



But if they are hung vertically, does it seem unbalanced on the wall, being so much on the right and not anything on the left?

So you see my dilemma :) - now please help! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think is the best way, if it doesn't matter, or if you think I'm crazy! Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Vertical! It matches the lights in the kitchen and you don't want to put anything behind them anyway!

    I like how you've recruited the whole family for projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. going up and down vertically kind of works because of the long hanging lights. it kind of flows that way, you know? that's what i would do. but both look good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vertical, too. And I made that decision before I read any of the comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete