Saturday, March 5, 2011

Pictures on the wall!

I believe I have mentioned this before, but it takes me quite some time to figure out what room I want pictures to be hung, and then where! Well, today I decided it was time to stop thinking and start doing! (I tend to over think these things when really I can change them whenever with a little work - probably less work than it's been taking to put them up in the first place!)

Well, a couple weeks ago I took a survey of where I should hang pictures in our kitchen, and today we finally managed to get them hung. So here's the finished product! (Looks a lot better without us standing in the way of the pictures hehe.)

The vertical votes won, and I agreed - it just went better with the rest of the kitchen layout.
Not today, but we also hung some pictures in our dining room that we had for several months and were just waiting to find a hutch to match our oak table. Well, thanks to craigs list, we did indeed find one that was reasonably priced, matched, and just the right size for what we needed!



After we got it put back together (hutch separates from buffet) and got our dishes in there, we decided to complete the room with these fun pictures from Kohls! You can't exactly tell in this picture, but the grays in the paintings matched perfectly with the dining and kitchen gray colors. Woohoo! Definitely better than boxes and college wire stackable cabinets! ;)

Now if only I could get the other rooms in order! Hopefully we'll be having some trim work done in our family room soon so then we can move all the furniture in, and finally get "fully" settled into our rooms. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment