Thursday, December 23, 2010

Masculinity and the Christmas tree


It is no secret that Jen is a very ladylike woman. After all it is one reason I love her. But, when we spent our first Christmas together, I was ashamed to call the Christmas tree ours. Jen has like every barbie Christmas ornament known to Hallmark and lots of crystal like, or birch wood, or porcelain decorations for the thing we called our tree.

So my sister Sarah fixed that. So did my mother in law. To date Sarah has always served me in this capacity. So here are a following of masculine ornaments. (To date I have 6 on the tree, there is still a lot of room to be done though. One of my students got me an electric guitar one with the inscription: "Jesus Rocks." I like it.)

Jen got me this one. It is my favorite. She said when she got it, "Never say I discouraged your want of a motorcycle, cause here is yours. Now you cannot have more than one at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment